This satisfying salad is packed with goodness and can be enjoyed with warm or cold meatballs – meaning you can take it as a packed lunch to work or even on picnics!
- Meatballs do not need breadcrumbs to bind, but they do require a little care when handling. Here, I simply bake them, so they have no chance of falling apart.
- Don’t skip on the different herbs called for in the mince mixture – it will ensure every mouthful of each meatball is bursting with interesting flavors!
Need a new way to add meatballs to your menu? Try adding them to a refreshing salad, loaded with lots of vegetables and full of flavor!
- 14.1 oz ground beef (we use Butcher Box meat)
- Handful chives, finely chopped (plus extra to garnish)
- Handful dill, finely chopped (plus extra to garnish)
- Handful parsley, finely chopped (plus extra to garnish)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 TB olive oil, plus an extra 1 TB for dressing drizzle
- 2.8 oz green beans
- 3.5 oz petit pois, defrosted if using frozen
- 2.8 oz baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 2.8 oz arugula, thinly sliced
- 1.8 oz feta, crumbled
- 0.7 oz pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Add the ground beef into a bowl and then add the chives, dill, parsley, and garlic powder. Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix thoroughly to evenly combine.
- Form 10 even-sized meatballs from the mixture and place them onto a baking tray lined with kitchen paper.
- Drizzle over a tablespoon of olive oil and bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes until cooked through.
- In the meantime, trim the green beans and cook in a saucepan of rapidly boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain and plunge into a bowl of cold water to cool completely. Drain again.
- Toss the green beans, petit pois, baby spinach, and arugula in a bowl and another tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt.
- Serve the meatballs over the greens and crumble the feta cheese over them.
- Finish with the pistachios and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Toss on any remaining herbs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 748Total Fat: 56gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 640mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 53g