This heavenly Keto Lemon Cheesecake can be enjoyed guilt-free. Be sure to source confectioner’s sweetener (I used SWERVE® for this recipe and will never look back!) for optimum results.
At only 4.4 grams sugars per slice, this is the ideal dessert to enjoy if you want a real treat on the keto diet – and it’s perfect for the gluten-intolerant too. We used a 9-in diameter (23 cm) springform cake tin, but if you can use a smaller one, your cheesecake will just be taller than ours. You could also use a rectangular tin and simply slice into squares if you wish.
The fresh lemon zested on at the end cuts through the rich, creamy cheesecake and should be done just before serving. The total time does not include the time the cheesecake should be left to cool before serving – allow at least several hours for that (we left ours overnight in the fridge).
- For the base:
- 2.5 oz unsalted butter – weigh prior to melting
- 7.8 oz almond flour
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- 1 oz SWERVE® Confectioner’s Sweetener
- For the cream cheese filling:
- 31.5 oz full-fat cream cheese
- 6.2 oz SWERVE® Confectioner’s Sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 large eggs
- Juice of a quarter lemon
- Zest of two lemons, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
2. For the base, melt the butter after weighing and add to the almond flour in a bowl.
3. Use a wooden spoon to evenly combine the vanilla seeds and SWERVE® into the almond mixture.
4. Press the mixture into a greased springform pan and use your fingers to press the crumb down to ensure the base is even and the mixture is firm and compacted down.
5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove and allow to cool while you prepare the filling.
6. To make the cream cheese filling, whisk the cream cheese in a clean bowl until softened, then add in the SWERVE®, vanilla, eggs and lemon juice.
7. Whisk very well to incorporate the eggs, then pour the mixture into the baking tin on top of the cooled almond base.
8. Place in the oven for 40-45 minutes – the center should be slightly wobbly and the top starting to partially caramelize. You can also use a cake tester to ensure the cheesecake has cooked sufficiently.
9. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
10. Use a sharp knife to slide along the sides and separate the cheesecake from the edges of the pan. Once cooled, cover and place in the fridge to cool completely.
11. After several hours (or overnight), remove from the fridge and release the springform clip. Carefully transfer onto your cake stand and generously zest two lemons on top of the cheesecake - then slice and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 657 Total Fat: 52g Saturated Fat: 24.3g Sodium: 0.8mg Carbohydrates: 30.8g Fiber: 3.8g Sugar: 4.4g Protein: 14.4g