This is an egg-mayo salad on steroids! I used all the classic elements but topped the salad with a tomato ‘relish’ which has been steeping in crushed garlic. This not only adds another flavor dimension, but it cuts through the richness of the egg mayo mixture.
- Use a garlic press to achieve the best flavor and texture as we will be eating the garlic raw here.
- You can use two small cornichons in place of the gherkin, just be sure to chop them very small.
You'll love this twist on the classic egg salad - marinated tomatoes. Add more flavor and vibrance to a normally bland recipe. Perfect for a quick, light lunch or hearty afternoon snack.
- Dice the tomato into very small pieces and place it into a bowl.
- Add the crushed garlic and one teaspoon of olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir well to combine. Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Hard-boil the eggs (approx. 10 min on a rapid boil), then set aside to cool completely.
- Once cool, chop into smaller pieces and add to a bowl along with the mayonnaise, mustard and gherkin. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, toss the salad in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt.
- Divide between two salad bowls and top with the creamy egg mayo mix. Spoon over the tomato mixture to finish.
If you don't want to buy mayo, you can make your own here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 570Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 435mgSodium: 650mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g