Delicious chicken wings are always a crowd pleaser! We used honey in the coating sauce, which smothers the chicken wings after being cooked, resulting in much fresher flavors. If you prefer, you could partially cook the chicken wings, then coat in the marinade and finish in the oven but remember that the sugars in the honey may blacken parts of the chicken (this is quite common in sweet marinades). If the weather is looking up – prepare these on the grill!
Delicious chicken wings are always a crowd pleaser! If it's nice outside where you live, prepare these on the BBQ!
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C) or prepare your BBQ.
- Season the chicken wings with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper, tossing them well to evenly coat in the seasoning. Spread them out on a large roasting tray and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes until crispy. (Alternatively, you could pop them in the air-fryer!)
- In the meantime, in a medium bowl, whisk together the honey (or sugar-free syrup, if using), coconut aminos, tomato concentrate, and garlic puree in a bowl.
- Once the chicken wings are done, coat them in the mixture and return to the oven for only 2-3 minutes to warm the saucy marinade through.
- Serve seasoned with salt flakes and sliced salad onions (or any herbs you have at hand).
TIP: If you are living low carb, you can substitute the honey for your favorite sugar-free syrup, which will work very well.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 576Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 11gSodium: 510mgCarbohydrates: 13gSugar: 12gProtein: 45g