These are great little party snacks that everyone will love. If you cannot source crab meat, you can also use very finely chopped crab imitation sticks (also called seafood sticks), which offer a similar sweet flavor. If your party is bigger than four people, simply double the recipe below!
- I prefer not to wash the mushrooms as they can act like a sponge! I prefer to wipe them clean, or in this case, peel and discard the outer layer which also makes for a prettier presentation.
- The starting weight of mushrooms needed here is 8.8 oz as indicated. However, after removing the stalks and skin, you will be left with only 6.3 oz, which was how the macros are calculated.
- There is no need to discard the stalks that you remove. Chop them up and use them in other recipes that call for chopped mushrooms
These delicious little crab stuffed mushrooms are perfect appetizers for holiday parties or any special gathering. They may be small but are packed with loads of flavor. It’ll be hard to stop at just a couple of these heavenly morsels!
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (200°C) and line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
- Gently remove the stalks from the mushrooms by nudging them side-to-side until they pop out. Set them aside for use in other recipes. Peel the mushrooms so they are pretty in shape. Place in a bowl and gently toss in the olive oil. Spread them out on the baking tray, gills side-up.
- Combine the crab meat (drain it well to prevent a watery mix), crème Fraiche, grated Parmesan, and sliced salad onion in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Use two teaspoons to drop small amounts of the crab mixture into each mushroom. The mixture is fairly stiff, so it shouldn’t spill out and can be piled relatively high.
- Bake on the middle shelf in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove and gently tilt each mushroom to the side to allow excess moisture to run off.
- Serve warm garnished with finely grated lemon zest and snipped chives.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4.5gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g