Cheese balls are a staple at parties and are so easy to make! Bring a platter of these to your next gathering and you will surely impress the guests!
These rich little cheese morsels can be put out as part of an appetizer spread at your next family function (along with delicious grain-free crackers or toast), or simply enjoyed as a tasty fat bomb. I rolled only half the cheese balls in the crispy bacon pieces, but that was for aesthetic purposes only (or for your non-meat-eating friends). You can also roll them up into one large cheese ball or cheese log.
These rich little cheese morsels can be put out as part of an appetizer spread at your next family function (along with delicious grain-free crackers or toast), or simply enjoyed as a tasty fat bomb.
- 7 oz full-fat cream cheese
- 2.5 oz extra-mature cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 0.9 oz sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Pinch dried chili flakes
- Sea salt
- Ground white pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5.3 oz smoked streaky bacon, finely chopped (we get our bacon from Butcher Box)
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- Add the cream cheese, grated cheddar, and finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl, along with the Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and a pinch of dried chili flakes. Season the mixture with salt and ground white pepper and mix well to combine.
- Place in the fridge to firm up a little.
- In the meantime, if you choose to coat some in crispy bacon, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the bacon pieces until crispy.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place the pieces on a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain.
- Form 10 balls from the cheese mixture (approx. 0.9 oz each) and roll half of them in the bacon pieces, leaving the remaining cheese balls bare. (If you want to roll them all in the bacon pieces, simply double up the olive oil and bacon needed as shown in the ingredients list).
- Scatter over the chopped parsley and enjoy these as fat bombs or as part of an appetizer platter, where they could be spread over grain-free crackers or gluten-free toast!
The macros are shown per cheese ball, excluding bacon coating.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g