This is a great idea for those who love their veggies but are steering clear of gluten and grains. It’s quick, tasty, and very satisfying! Plus, the older kids can help with some of the prep! My kids love the noodles and the “little corns” in this recipe — especially my toddler! So it is a wonderful recipe for the entire family to enjoy!
The macros exclude the rice noodles because you may want to enjoy this over courgette or even konjac noodles if you are living very low carb.
A healthy and tasty classic Chinese dish where you can add all your favorite veggies to get more vegetables into your diet. It has all the flavor and very low carbs.
- 3.5 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 salad onions, sliced
- 3.5oz baby corn, sliced in half lengthways
- 2.1 oz sugar snap peas
- 1 thumb-sized piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 TB olive oil
- 1 TB tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 TB sesame oil
- 2 portions cooked rice noodle, to serve (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Prepare all the ingredients. Slice the mushrooms and the salad onions. Cut the baby corn lengthways in half and weigh out the sugar snap peas (you could also use mange tout). Chop or mince the peeled, fresh ginger and the garlic.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick pan or wok and cook the baby corn (sliced side down at first) and sugar snap peas over high heat.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the mushrooms to the same pan and cook until golden and caramelized.
- Remove and add to the bowl of other vegetables for now.
- Add the second tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan and reduce the heat to moderate. Cook the ginger and garlic until softened.
- Add the tamari and rice wine vinegar and tip in all the stir-fried vegetables, tossing well to coat and warm through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sesame oil.
- Serve over cooked rice noodles and scatter over the sesame seeds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 610mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g