A simple, hearty soup using the humblest of ingredients. This is perfect for winter months when you need a soup on the table in less than 30 minutes. We added a half a cup of heavy cream to finish the soup, but you can use less if you prefer to do so. Enjoy with gluten-free bread or slurp up as is.
A simple, hearty soup using the humblest of ingredients. This soup is a perfect recipe when you need a meal on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 rosemary twig, needles picked and finely chopped
- 2-3 large chicken breasts (skinless and deboned), sliced
- 3 cups warm chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt, to season
- Parsley, to garnish
- Cook the wild rice in a pan of salted, boiling water until done.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a large pan and gently sauté the onions, carrot, celery, garlic and chopped rosemary until softened.
- Drain the cooked rice (once done) and add to the pan of vegetables. Add the raw chicken pieces, then pour in the warm chicken stock.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer to poach the chicken pieces and reduce the broth a little.
- Stir in the heavy cream and warm through.
- Season with salt and divide the soup between 4 warm bowls and garnish with parsley.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 550Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 170mgSodium: 310mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 38g