This recipe was created after I went to make the recipe I told my kids about the night before, only to find out that I was minus about three of the most important ingredients. Not to worry! I decided to wing it with what we had in the pantry, and they were still a big hit!
The nice thing about this recipe is that you can change it up how you want. Sub oats for the hemp hearts, sub nut butter and almond meal for coconut butter and coconut flour. Add raisins, chopped nuts, chocolate chips, anything you like. Sub mashed banana for the pumpkin. Have fun with it! They are grain, gluten, and dairy-free in my version. Grain-Free Pumpkin Spice Cookies!
When your sweet tooth is wanting that pumpkin spice flavor, whip up a batch of these delicious, moist cookies.
- 1 can organic pumpkin
- 1 cup hemp hearts
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/3 cup nut butter of your choice, we like sun butter (or you could use coconut butter to make it nut-free)
- 1/3 cup almond meal (or you could use coconut flour to make it nut-free)
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Optional: toppings like chocolate chips, coconut, nuts, raisins, spices
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
3. Using a cookie scoop, scoop them onto a silpat lined baking sheet.
4. Flatten them using the flat bottom of a drinking glass.
5. Top with chocolate chips, nuts, shredded coconut. Whatever you like.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
7. Transfer to a drying rack and allow to cool completely.
8. Store in an airtight container, they last about 4 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.