This recipe was created by a good friend of mine who also happens to be my chiropractor. She is very well versed in nutrition and is our area GAPS practitioner, so she knows all about gut healing and healing the entire body. One of her talents is coming up with great gut healing recipes and this one is one of my favorites. I am glad she allowed me to share it here.
My Grandma made “Russian tea” and it is one of my best memories if her. But, she made with Tang and instant Lipton tea!!! I simply had to recreate it. This new and healthier version is so good that even my My mom likes it!
Here is why it’s also a healing beverage:
- L-glutamine: seals up a leaky gut because it is so gut healing
- Cinnamon: is good for blood sugar balancing
- Dandy Blend: can help detox liver and is a good coffee substitute. Note: it is gluten free, you can read about that HERE
- Diatomaceous Earth: read about it here
- 2 cups Dandy Blend — where to find
- 1/4 cup Stevia — where to find
- 3 Tbsp gelatin — we use this kind
- 2 Tbsp L-Glutamine — where to find
- 3 Tbsp clove powder
- 4 Tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 Tbsp diatomaceous earth — where to find (optional, but very beneficial!)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined
- Store in a glass jar
- Add to water, hot or cold, to taste
- My FAVORITE way to enjoy this, is by mixing in a scoop of Natural Calm. It gives it the nice tart flavor too….and it helps me relax!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe