Well I have to admit that this recipe happened by accident! We were heading out for a weekend of camping and I needed to shave my legs if I was going to be in a swimsuit! Except that, we were out of my shaving cream! Water shave? Yikes, no! Can you say razor burn? So, I looked around the shower in desperation. Aha! Castile Soap…and some lavender essential oil.
I poured a little of both into my hand and gave it a whirl. Wow, it worked better than my shaving cream (shh, don’t tell anyone)! Seriously, you get a nice glide, as well as the soothing lavender essential oil. Match made in heaven. Voila, 2-ingredient Non-toxic Shaving Oil!
Plus, you save a ton of cash by simply using Castile soap and essential oil! You can pick and choose which essential oil you would like to add, or simply leave them out altogether. I recommend leaving them in, though, because who doesn’t need a little added wellness support. Especially us Moms, when sometimes a shower is the only alone time you get — turn that alone time into a spa, even if its only for 10 minutes!
Here are a few of the essential oils that I recommend and why:
- Lavender: lavender is balancing, relaxing, and soothing to skin irritations
- Frankincense: helps to maintain radiant skin, supports skin health, and is spiritually grounding
- Geranium: helps tender skin and it has a calming aroma (it smells like roses to me!)
- Tea Tree: it is cleansing and reduces the appearances of blemishes (for shaving the face)
…just to name a few, but I have used so many different singles and blends. Truly makes is a spa experience!
2-ingredient Non-toxic Shaving Oil
- Castile soap — where to find (they have really great prices on Castile soap HERE too, it’s where I buy mine.)
- Essential oils of your choice — I only use therapeutic grade essential oils
- Bottle of your choice (I reuse these bottles and add a pump top, or you can also find some really cute bottles and jars HERE)*
*Note, if you plan to use glass bottles in your shower then keep the bottle up in a basket so it doesn’t break on the tub or shower floor. I use glass because citrus essential oils can degrade the plastic and I like to switch up my oils.
- Add soap to fill your bottle about 2 inches from the top (to allow room for the pump top)
- Add in 20-30 drops of your essential oil
- Put pump top onto bottle
- Use as needed for shaving
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)
CLICK HERE to Pin this post
CLICK HERE to share with Google+