I grew up loving Lip Smackers. If you were a child of the 80’s or 90’s I know you know what I’m talking about. They were so delicious that I wanted to eat them! Guava was my favorite, with Chocolate Peppermint a close second. I had about 20 different flavors, I celebrated the entire collection. Well, one day I realized that those intensely flavored chap-sticks were filled with some not so great ingredients (see image below)
Being the all-natural gal that I am, I opted for coconut oil as a lip balm for quite a while instead. I dreamt of the delicious flavors of my lip balms of the past. Until I bought some homemade chocolate peppermint lip balm at a farmers market. My lips were so happy with my new find, that when I ran out I simply had to figure out how to get more. So, I made my own.
Chocolate Peppermint Lip Balm
- 4 tbsp coconut oil — where to find
- 2 tbsp cocoa butter — where to find
- 2 tbsp sweet almond oil — where to find
- 4 tbsp beeswax — where to find
- 35-40 drops of peppermint oil — I only use therapeutic grade essential oils, you can find them HERE
- In a double boiler, melt the first 4 ingredients until liquid
- Add in essential oils and stir until combined and fragrant
- Pour into desired containers (I use THESE or THESE), act quickly because it can harden fast! You can also find some really cute bottles and jars HERE!
- Makes about 20 small containers of chocolate peppermint lip balm
- I store the extra chocolate peppermint lip balm in the fridge
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)
CLICK HERE to Pin this post
CLICK HERE to share with Google+