My husband has to shave his head every morning! It is inevitable to get a few knicks here and there. Well, when you are using shaving creams filled with synthetic chemicals, they get right into your body through those tiny little cuts. We have purchased various toxin-free brands and been generally satisfied. The price tag can usually be pretty steep though. So, I decided to whip up my own DIY shaving cream (literally!). Plus, I was able to add in some shea butter to help nourish the skin!
DIY Shaving Cream for Sensitive Cream
- 2/3 cup shea butter — we love this brand!
- 2/3 cup coconut oil — where to find
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil — where to find
- 1/4 cup baby-mild castile soap — where to find (I chose to use the mild soap because my husband shaves his head with this cream, I don't want it to get into his eyes and burn!)
- A few drops Vitamin E oil — where to find
- Container of your choice — you can find some really cute bottles and jars HERE!
- In a double boiler over low heat, melt the coconut oil and shea butter
- Pour into a ceramic or glass bowl and put into the fridge until its solid
- Remove from fridge and add in sweet almond oil, Castile soap
- Using a hand mixer, whip this stuff up until nice and fluffy
- Put DIY Shaving Cream into a glass jar and use as needed for shaving — you can find some really cute bottles and jars HERE