Cream cheese dip has always been one of my favorite ways to enjoy the fruits of the season. It’s like dipping your strawberries into a thick sweet cream! I admit it, I have eaten it with a spoon before… it’s that good!
I decided to try and mix it up a bit by making it with homemade yogurt cream cheese. Now, not only is this dip delicious, but it also packs a probiotic punch! Do not be intimidated about making your own cream cheese, it’s super easy!
3-Ingredient Yogurt Cream Cheese Dip
Not only is this dip delicious, but it also packs a probiotic punch! Do not be intimidated about making your own cream cheese, it's super easy!
- 4 cups yogurt (You can use one 32 oz. container from the store, make sure it’s organic and grass-fed, but if you make your own, here is a great yogurt starter, and I have 2 recipes in the Notes.)
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
To make the cream cheese:
- Line the bowl with your flour sack towel and pour yogurt into the center of the towel.
- Gather all four corners together and wrap a rubber band around them to hold them together.
- Wrap the towel through a handle on one of your kitchen cabinets and secure it with a clothespin (see image below).
- Place a bowl under yogurt and towel and allow the whey to drip into the bowl.
- Leave undisturbed for 12 hours, or longer (depending on how thick you like your cream cheese).
- When it is ready, it will look just like this (see below).
- You will now have yogurt cream cheese and whey (to use in fermenting foods, I freeze it into ice cubes to use in single servings for fermentation).
To make the dip:
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
- Store in a glass container in the fridge and it will last several days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
7 Replies to “3-Ingredient Yogurt Cream Cheese Dip”
great recipe and instructions, thanks! can I omit the maple syrup and make this dip savoury to go with chips? Have your tried it?
Yes! I have made it with my homemade ranch mix
Awesome, I will make it for the Thanksgiving celebration we are having on Saturday as I am in charge of making appetizers! Thanks a lot for your reply!