This low-carb lemon chicken recipe is so flavorful and easy to throw together! You will love the broccoli, where the florets crisp up while the stalks remain tender. The red onion wedges offer a little natural sweetness in every bite and the lemon infuses the chicken with a little acidity.
In just 45 minutes, you can have a delicious, healthy dinner for your family. It makes great leftovers too!
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (200°C) and line your largest baking tray/sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with kitchen paper and season both sides with a little salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the chicken onto the prepared baking tray and scatter over the thinly sliced lemon and sprigs of thyme. Place into the oven on the middle rack for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, trim the broccoli into smaller, even-sized pieces. Be sure to include the stalk ends: they are delicious. Place into a bowl. Peel the red onion and trim into smaller wedges but cut them through the root end. Keeping the root ends intact will ensure the wedges keep their shape. Drizzle over the olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Once the chicken has done its first 15 minutes in the oven, remove the tray and add the vegetable mix to the tray around the chicken. Return to the oven for 15-20 additional minutes.
- Serve scattered with salt flakes (if needed) and fresh thyme sprigs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 719Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 17gSodium: 380mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 50g