This amazing recipe is a sneek peek recipe from the “Paleo Eats Cookbook” that was written by my friend Kelly over at A Girl Worth Saving. If you want a cookbook that is filled with awesome Paleo comfort foods, then this is the book you are looking for! She let me share this fantastic recipe because I begged her. My kids are seriously obsessed! I need to get the word out about her awesome paleo coconut cinnamon cereal. Grab a copy of her book HERE
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut — where to find
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup — where to find
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon melted coconut oil — where to find
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the coconut shreds and sunflower seeds in a food processor and grind for 30 seconds.
- Add the cinnamon, salt, maple syrup, egg, and coconut oil and pulse until combined, about 2 minutes
- Scoop the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Cover with a second piece of parchment paper and with a rolling pin, roll to ¼-inch thick. Remove and discard the top piece of parchment paper
- With a wet knife, score the dough into 1-inch squares
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and let sit on the pan for 15 minutes to allow it to crisp up
- Store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten free items online (best prices around, believe me I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe