So, my husband was told by our naturopath that he had to give up eggs and dairy for a month! GASP! Those are staples in our house and really help stretch our meals. “What the heck will I make for breakfast?” was my first thought?
Luckily, I have some pretty amazing cookbooks in my kitchen that have healthy breakfast ideas. But, most of them still contained an egg or two. This is where chia seeds come in. They can replace eggs in recipes!!! So much win!
Plus, they are full of omega-3’s and fiber, so they even replace some of the nutritional content that is lost when you remove eggs from your recipes. I was so excited about this that I simply had to write about how to make an egg substitute with chia seeds!
Chia seeds are full of omega-3's and fiber, so they even replace some of the nutritional content that is lost when you remove eggs from your recipes.
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Water
- Measure one tablespoon of chia seeds.
- Grind the chia seeds using a coffee grinder or a mortal and pestle.
- Add 3 Tbsps water to ground chia seeds.
- Allow to gel (takes about 5 minutes).
- Use it as a replacement for one egg in your favorite recipes to make them egg-free!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.