This is such a great and simple one-pot beef stroganoff that is rich and flavorful, and also creamy thanks to the addition of sour cream. If you want to add more vegetables, mushrooms are a popular addition. If you choose not to use a slow cooker, simply keep this on the stovetop on a very low heat to ensure the beef remains tender as it cooks low and slow. We serve this up over our favorite gluten-free noodles!
This is a rich and creamy comforting dish that everyone will love. Pour it over gluten-free noodles, rice, mashed potatoes, or just pair it with your favorite veggies and a salad to keep it low carb.
- Prep all your ingredients and have your slow cooker/crockpot ready.
- On the stovetop, heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick pan and add the shallots and garlic. Cook over moderate heat until they have completely softened. Pour in the beef broth allow the mixture to warm through.
- Pour the mixture into a slow cooker/crockpot, and add in all the beef stewing chunks.
- Keep the slow cooker on the lowest setting for 2-3 hours until the broth reduces significantly, and the meat becomes really tender. I like to remove the lid for the last hour to assist in this process.
- When there is very little liquid left, and the mixture has reduced, stir in the sour cream. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve this delicious mixture over your choice of base: rice, gluten-free egg noodles, courgette, or even steamed zucchini noodles! Whichever way you choose, keep it as low-grain as possible.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 540Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 205mgSodium: 390mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 65g