Organ meat is the most nutrient-dense food on the planet. Unfortunately, it isn’t also the tastiest food on the planet. I’m trying every trick in the book to get my kids to eat it. Here is one recipe I came up with. Bacon makes everything taste good, even hidden liver meatballs! My kids love them, and this makes me VERY happy!
Looking for a clever way to sneak in more liver to your diet? This is a delicious and easy way to get more of this nutritious organ meat into your menu that your family will love and not even realize is there.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F degrees.
- Mix the liver and liverwurst and then add to the beef.
- Fry bacon in a skillet, add onion and cook until bacon is cooked and onions are translucent.
- Pulse bacon, onion, parsley, salt, pepper, and garlic in a food processor until chopped. Add to beef and liver mixture.
- Stir in eggs and coconut flour.
- Form into balls slightly smaller than golf balls. I use this gadget to make the balls uniform; it works great!
- Place on a baking sheet and bake until done (until no longer pink inside, about 30 minutes).
- They freeze very well, so I make them in bulk at a time. Then, I re-heat them in our toaster oven.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.