Gluten Free Pizza Crust
- 2 1/3 cup gluten free all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading the dough — we love this brand!
- 1 envelope fast acting dry yeast — like this
- 1 tsp sea salt — we use this kind
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine warm water, sugar, and yeast
- Allow to sit on the counter for 10 minutes, or until the yeast “blooms” (foam will start to form on the surface)
- Add flour and salt to the water
- On a floured surface, knead the dough until a nice ball is formed
- In another clean mixing bowl, cover the dough ball with the olive oil (making sure to cover the entire ball)
- Cover the bowl with a moist flour sack towel — where to find these
- Let the dough rise in a warm area in the kitchen for 2 hours
- After two hours, punch the dough down, cover and allow to rise for another 30 minutes
- On a Silpat lined baking sheet, roll out your dough (you can either make two round pizzas or one large rectangular pizza, just make sure you are baking on either an oiled pizza pan or a Silpat covered baking sheet)
- I like to roll out my dough with my bare hands, gently moving the dough towards the edges of the pan with my fingers until it is a uniform thickness throughout and covers the entire pan
- Top your Gluten Free Pizza Crust with your favorite ingredients. We typically do half pepperoni (nitrate free) and raw cheese, and half pastured pork sausage, raw cheese, and sauerkraut. Yum! Of course, don’t forget the pizza sauce (here is my pizza sauce recipe)
- Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes, or until the edges are browned and your cheese is bubbly
- I love to serve my pizza with a drizzling of olive oil, fresh torn basil leaves, and grated raw parmesan!
- Another variation: you can divide the dough up and make individual small Gluten Free Pizza Crust pizzas for the kids too.
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten free items online (best prices around, believe me I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!