Comforting and packed with flavor, nothing beats a thick and delicious broccoli soup. I added cheese for extra richness and flavor! I have also offered an optional sliced chili garnish as it will bring a little heat to the soup – just what you need this winter!
Comforting and packed with flavor, nothing beats a thick and delicious broccoli soup.
- Trim the broccoli into even-sized pieces. Do not discard the stalks, simply trim off the tough outer bits and slice them thinner (since they take longer to cook).
- Melt the butter in a large pot and gently cook the onions until softened, but not caramelized.
- Add the broccoli and the warm chicken broth and cover the pan with a lid, simmering for 25-30 minutes until the broccoli has completely softened.
- Use a hand blender to blitz the mixture right there in the pan.
- Stir in the soured cream and most of the grated cheese, stirring well to warm the whole lot through.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and divide between four warm bowls. If you want to make it look attractive, swirl through a little sour cream.
- Garnish with the remaining grated cheese and a few sliced chilies if you want a bit of ‘heat’.
Learn how to make your own homemade chicken broth here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 780mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 21g