This is a delicious and easy chicken stir-fry that’s made just for garlic lovers! Remember, garlic burns quickly and can turn bitter, so always fry it over moderately low heat and keep stirring! If you have soy allergies or prefer not to use tamari (gluten-free soy sauce), coconut aminos is a great alternative! Please note that the rice is not included in the macros. It also goes great with cauliflower rice!
Skip the extra salt, MSG, and deep frying with my healthier version of garlic chicken, a classic Chinese dish. It's also gluten-free and low carb, so go ahead and chow down, no need to feel guilty!
- 1 tsp arrowroot
- 1 TB water
- 2 TB olive oil
- 21 oz chicken breasts, diced bite-size (we use Butcher Box meat)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 salad onions, sliced (white and green parts kept separate
- 1 TB Swerve confectioner’s sweetener
- 1 TB tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 4 portions cooked rice, to serve (optional)
- Have all your ingredients prepped and ready. Combine the arrowroot and water in a little bowl and set aside.
- Working in two batches (so as not to overcrowd your pan), heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large, non-stick pan and fry the diced chicken until golden and caramelized on the outsides. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside in a bowl, repeating the process with the second tablespoon of oil and the remaining chicken.
- Reduce the heat to low. There should still be plenty of fat in the pan.
- Add all the garlic and cook over this low heat until softened. As they release their own juices, they will help ‘loosen’ any bits of chicken that may have stuck to the pan.
- Return the chicken pieces (and any resting juices collected in the bowl) to the pan, along with the white parts of the salad onion.
- Add the Swerve, tamari, and the arrowroot mixture and cook over moderate heat until there is no longer excess moisture in the pan.
- Remove from the heat and drizzle over the sesame oil, stirring well to combine. Serve with the sesame seeds scattered over and garnish with the green ends of the salad onion. Delicious with rice!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2.5gSodium: 400mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 38g