We live in Minnesota, and around here wild rice is a pretty big deal. I grew up eating it and have learned to love its chewy goodness even more over the years! Combine it with a wonderful umami flavor from mushrooms and the creamy tartness of a good creme kefir, and you have something simply magical.
This dish is not only delicious, but it’s also super easy to throw together as a weeknight meal. We have it in our regular weekly rotation, even my kids love it! I absolutely crave this Creamy and Comforting Mushroom Wild Rice Recipe!
This side dish is not only delicious, but it’s also super easy to throw together as a weeknight meal. We have it in our regular weekly rotation, even my kids love it!
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker, or as you would normally cook your rice.
- While rice is cooking, cut up butter and heat in a large skillet until melted.
- Add mushrooms to butter, sprinkle with a few pinches of salt, cover and cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Remove from heat.
- When rice is finished, add it to the skillet with the mushrooms.
- Stir in the Creme Kefir and add salt to taste.
- Return to heat and warm up to your desired temperature.
- Serve immediately.
- Lasts up to one week in the fridge. Reheat and add extra Creme Kefir.