We live in Minnesota, and around here wild rice is a pretty big deal. I grew up eating it and have learned to love its chewy goodness even more over the years! Combine it with a wonderful umami flavor from mushrooms and the creamy tartness of a good creme kefir, and you have something simply magical. This dish is not only delicious, but it's also super easy to throw together as a weeknight meal. We have it in our regular weekly rotation, even my kids love it! I absolutely crave this Creamy and Comforting Mushroom Wild Rice Recipe!
Creamy and Comforting Mushroom Wild Rice Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice — find it here
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 stick grass-fed butter
- 1 (8 oz) tub Creme Kefir
- Salt to taste
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker, or as you would normally cook your rice.
- While rice is cooking, cut up butter and heat in a large skillet until melted.
- Add mushrooms to butter, sprinkle with a few pinches of salt, cover and cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Remove from heat.
- When rice is finished, add it to the skillet with the mushrooms.
- Stir in the Creme Kefir and add salt to taste.
- Return to heat and warm up to your desired temperature.
- Serve immediately
- Lasts up to one week in the fridge. Reheat and add extra Creme Kefir
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share “Creamy and Comforting Mushroom Wild Rice Recipe” on Google+