I love to make gummies for my kids because, let’s be honest here, they will eat anything that looks like candy! We drink a ton of kombucha and I always have extra fruit to use up….so these kombucha fruit gummies were created from fruit I needed to use up! The gut-healing gelatin combined with the probiotics in the kombucha make for one healthy snack!
These would be especially helpful for someone who is suffering from a gastrointestinal illness, or kiddos who are under the weather and don’t feel like eating much.
Need a fun, creative way to use up extra kombucha? Just make fruit gummies! The gut-healing gelatin combined with the probiotics in the kombucha makes for one healthy snack!
- In a food processor or Vitamix, blend 1 cup kombucha, mango, and banana until smooth.
- In a saucepan heat 1 cup kombucha over low heat (too much heat will destroy the probiotic content).
- When the kombucha is warm to the touch, whisk in the gelatin 1 Tbsp at a time whisking constantly.
- Slowly adding the gelatin is important to avoid clumps (if it does clump, heat the liquid more and whisk to dissolve).
- When all the gelatin is incorporated, add to the fruit puree.
- Mix everything together and pour into a shallow pan, or silicone candy molds — like these.
- Put pan or molds into the fridge, and in an hour or so you will have Kombucha Fruit Gummies.
- If you didn’t have molds and used the pan when it’s set you can cut it into squares.
- Dip gummies into sugar to really give them a candy look, and an extra sweetness — but this is totally optional.
You can also make your own kombucha here.