Here, we make easy “gyros” by simply shaping meatballs into longer shapes and baking them in the oven in a speedy, uncomplicated way! This Greek gyros salad is a filling and satisfying lighter lunch option; you will love the fresh dill tzatziki dressing!
- Use ground lamb in place of beef if you like!
- The gyros can be fried, but there is no breadcrumbs or egg to bind, so baking them in the oven helps them hold shape – they won’t fall apart!
Greek Gyros Salad
You’ll love this fresh Greek gyro salad if you enjoy gyros. Plus, it’s low carb and gluten-free, so you can enjoy it without the guilt. It’s perfect for a quick lunch or light dinner for those busy weeks.
- For the gyros:
- 17.6 oz ground beef (we use Butcher Box meat
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- For the tzatziki:
- 1 cucumber, grated
- 5.3 oz plain yogurt
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Handful of fresh dill, roughly chopped
- For the salad:
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce, roughly torn
- 3.5 oz baby plum tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh dill, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the ground beef with the cumin, oregano, and chopped garlic in a bowl. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Create eight equal-sized portions and form them into logs, like long meatballs.
- Place on the tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grate the cucumber and leave in a strainer to drain off all excess juice.
- Mix the drained, grated flesh with the yogurt and season with a little lemon juice, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Fold through the chopped dill.
- Finish the salad by combining all the elements (including the tzatziki) and garnish with fresh dill.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 190mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 29g