These Instant Pot Stroganoff Meatballs for Keto Diets are not only moist and delicious, with a creamy sauce loaded with mushrooms, but they are also super easy to make! I grew up eating stroganoff served over noodles, so we made this recipe with zucchini noodles and it turned out amazing! A quick weeknight meal that impresses the whole family!
These Instant Pot Stroganoff Meatballs are not only moist and delicious, with a creamy sauce loaded with mushrooms, but they are also super easy to make!
- 2 lbs ground meat (we use beef or pork) (We use Butcher Box meat.)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 pastured eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 5 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1.5 cups bone broth (or you can make your own)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp Glucomannan powder (as a thickener)
- 1 cup sour cream (or more if desired)
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the meat, almond flour, eggs, parsley, thyme, garlic powder, onion flakes, salt, and pepper. I mix it together with my hands.
- Turn your Instant Pot on to the “saute” setting and add in the avocado oil.
- Form the meat mixture into balls (about 1.5″ across) and place it into your Instant Pot to brown, turning them as you work. They will eventually stack up.
- You will form about 30 Keto Stroganoff Meatballs.
- Add in the mushrooms, bone broth, heavy cream, and bay leaves.
- Cover, lock lid, cook on high pressure “manual” setting for 12 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking, mix water and glucomannan powder together in a small bowl (mix right before you add it to the meatballs, as it settles a bit).
- Spiralize the zucchini and saute in a large skillet with some oil for 5 minutes, set aside.
- When cooking is over, release the pressure valve.
- Remove cover when steam is released and turn back on "saute" setting and add glucomannan slurry, sour cream, and Worcestershire.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until sauce, thickens.
- Add in additional sour cream to your liking.
- Serve your Instant Pot Stroganoff Meatballs over zucchini noodles! It's an ideal food for any keto diet!
Make your own homemade bone broth here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.