Luxurious and oh-so-easy! Slow-cooked lamb leg (or shoulder, for that matter) is a thing of great beauty! In this recipe, it is enjoyed with a quick, homemade mint ‘pesto’ – and delicious with your favorite roast dinner side dishes. I love it with a fresh salad, and my kids love it with mashed potatoes and lots of butter.
Whether you're new to eating lamb or have been eating it for years, this classic dish is very easy to make and your whole family will love it. A fancy meal without tons of work.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove the half lamb leg from its packaging and rub the olive oil on all sides. Season with a little salt and black pepper. Place onto a deep-sided tray and lay a few rosemary sprigs on top. Cover with a very well-fitting lid.
- Bake in the oven for 2-3 hours – or until the meat becomes completely soft and just falls off the bones.
- In the meantime, prepare the mint pesto. Place the mint leaves, olive oil, and lemon juice (if using) in a food processor. Once it has come together as a pesto, set aside. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper if needed.
- Serve the soft lamb with the mint pesto. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 750Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 270mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 81g