First, to learn how to brew your own Kombucha, check out my post HERE.
How to Flavor Your Kombucha
1) Use flavored tea when making Kombucha
The flavored teas that I use are from The Republic of Tea because I have found these teas to produce the strongest fruit flavors:
To make your Kombucha flavored during a SECOND FERMENT, follow these tips:
2) Use fruit juice concentrate from the freezer section of your local co-op (organic of course)
- The best flavors are the berry combinations
- Let the can of juice come to room temperature
- Use 1 Tbsp per bottle of Kombucha (16 0z bottles, I reuse THESE, but you can also use THESE)
- Alternately, you can puree berries and use that, but I find it gets pretty murky in the bottle
- Also, use fresh and bottled juices for a lower sugar option, using 1 Tbsp per bottle (this is the method I typically use because my kids don’t need extra sugar)
- If it’s carbonation that you are looking for, I have found that pineapple and strawberry juice produce the most bubbly second ferment!
Do you brew kombucha? What flavorings do you use? I would love to hear about it in the comments below!