This is a great vegetarian salad that uses roasted squash. The creamy, salty feta balances out the sweet flavor of the pea shoots, and the toasted almonds offer some much-welcomed crunch!
- Remember that the cooking time will depend on how big you cut the chunks of the squash. To test, just pierce a piece with a fork, and it should be completely softened once cooked.
- A good-quality olive oil makes the world of difference!
Roasted Squash, Feta & Almond Salad
This delicious, hearty salad is perfect for a filling lunch or a light, vegetarian dinner. It's simple and super easy to throw together.
- 12.3 oz butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 TB olive oil, plus an extra 2 TB to drizzle
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 TB flaked almonds
- 2.1 oz pea shoots
- 2.1 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Spread the diced butternut squash cubes onto a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle over one tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to evenly coat.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until tender. Set aside to cool a little.
- In the meantime, toast the flaked almonds in a hot, dry pan until golden. Leave to cool a little, then roughly chop.
- To serve, toss the pea shoots in the remaining olive oil and season with salt.
- Divide between two salad bowls and top with the roasted butternut squash. Crumble over the feta and garnish with the toasted almonds.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 410mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 10g