A super yummy dip you can serve alongside gluten-free crackers or fresh veggies. I added some hot sauce and chili flakes for extra heat, but you could leave those out. Or, simply divide the dip into two batches and stir through half the amounts of the hot sauce and chili flakes (the good stuff) only into the ‘adult’s version’ and give the kids a non-spicy mix. Enjoy!
A super yummy dip you can serve alongside gluten-free crackers or fresh veggies.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3.5 oz baby spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5.3 oz picked crab meat
- 7 oz garlic and chive flavored cream cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp Louisiana hot sauce
- Pinch dried chili flakes (optional)
- Gluten-free crackers, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the baby spinach. Cook over moderate heat until the spinach completely wilts.
2. Add the cream and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside to cool a little.
3. In a separate bowl, add the crab meat, cream cheese, lemon zest and juice, and the hot sauce. Add the cooled spinach mixture.
4. Combine well and adjust the seasoning with additional salt and freshly ground black pepper if needed. If you want an extra kick, garnish with pinch dried chili flakes.
5. Serve with gluten-free crackers, fresh veggies, or any other crispy, crunchy ideas that suit your tastes.
You can also try a variety of other healthy hot sauces to up the heat, or change up the flavor. We love the hot sauces in the selections HERE
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4.5gSodium: 350mgCarbohydrates: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g