This is such a fun, well-balanced meal that may require a little effort, but once you get the hang of it, you can ask the kids what vegetable mixture they may want in the future! I love the combination of green pepper and mushrooms, and added tomatoes right at the end to bring some freshness to the mix. I snuck in a finely chopped red chilli too, but that is entirely optional. Be sure to roll the omelette joining the two shorter sides, leaving you with four fat rolls. Very filling and super tasty, you will love it!
This is such a fun, well-balanced meal that may require a little effort, but once you get the hang of it, you can ask the kids what vegetable mixture they may want in the future. Very filling and super tasty, you will love it!
- 8 large eggs
- 3 TB almond flour
- 5 oz full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1.8 oz finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 3.5 oz heavy cream
- Sea salt
- Ground white pepper
- 2.1 oz finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper (capsicum), finely chopped
- 3 salad onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 red chili, trimmed and finely chopped
- 6.2 oz white mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2.1 oz cherry tomatoes, chopped small
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 355°F and line a deep baking tray (approx. 8 x 11 inches) with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, almond flour, cream cheese, Parmesan, and cream together until there are no lumps. Season the mixture with salt and ground white pepper.
- Pour into the tray and carefully place it into the oven for 20 minutes (rotating the tray halfway through to ensure even cooking).
- Once done, use a toothpick or cake tester to ensure the center is cooked through. This step will also allow the omelette to ‘collapse’ where it might have risen like a souffle. We need it to be even to allow for easier rolling later.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper onto the omelette and cover it with a large tray. Carefully flip the whole lot over, then peel off the (what was the bottom layer of) parchment paper.
- Cover with the grated Cheddar cheese and set aside for now.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the green pepper, salad onions, red chili, and mushrooms until softened and partially caramelized. Just before removing the pan from the heat, stir through the tomatoes. Season the mixture with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread the vegetable mixture out onto the omelette over the cheese.
- At this time, it's best to turn the tray 90° anti-clockwise so that you can roll the two short ends from bottom to top (in the same way you would roll sushi). Roll up as tightly as possible, using the bottom sheet of parchment to nudge things along.
- Use a sharp knife to slice into 4 even pieces. It's delicious as is, but especially delicious with a dash of hot sauce!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 550Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 550mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 27g