This curry chicken salad is inspired by the Curry Chicken Salad that they sell at Whole Foods, also known as Coronation Chicken, which is a popular and much-loved sandwich filling with the Brits across the pond. In this fun chicken salad, I reduced the sugar by omitting mango chutney (often used in Coronation chicken) and instead used diced fresh mango, which does the same job of offering a little much-needed sweetness (present in their natural sugars).
This recipe will feed two to four people, and makes a great work lunch, picnic option, or light dinner.
If you're looking for a healthy lunch or light dinner, you'll love this delicious and refreshing recipe. It's filling but not heavy.
- 0.7 oz flaked almonds
- 2.5 oz peeled and diced fresh mango
- 14 oz cooked chicken meat, chopped very small (we use Butcher Box meat)
- 5.3 oz mayonnaise (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 TB mild curry powder
- 1.4 oz raisins
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oz mixed salad leaves
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Toast the almonds in a hot, dry non-stick pan until golden. Set aside.
- Dice the mango into very small pieces and set aside as your salad garnish.
- Dice the cooked (cooled) chicken meat into small chunks and place it into a large bowl. Skinless chicken breasts work well, but if you are cutting up leftovers from a chicken roast, please check for bones.
- Add the mayonnaise, curry powder, and raisins. Season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine. If the mixture feels a little stiff, add a tablespoon of water and mix again to loosen it a little.
- Spread the salad leaves out on a large serving salad platter and cover them with the curry chicken mixture.
- Scatter over the diced mango followed by the crunchy, toasted almonds. Finish with the sliced green onions.
Make your own homemade mayo here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 491Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 350mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 34g