I love fudge. I will say it again, I LOVE fudge. However, some of the ingredients in the traditional homemade fudge recipes that I have used in the past have some not so wonderful ingredients. GMO beet sugar, sweetened condensed milk, Hershey’s milk chocolate. You get the idea.
I also love easy recipes. So, in a hurry to head out the door to teach an essential oils class, I whipped this one up. It was an experiment that turned out amazing and kept my attendees quite happy throughout my class! Who doesn’t love homemade fudge?!
The essential oil is optional, and you can also try different flavors: lavender, lemon, tangerine. But, seriously c’mon, it’s 3-ingredient homemade fudge, how can you go wrong with this one!
Make your own homemade fudge so you can control the ingredients. This recipe is super easy and only requires three ingredients. Perfect when you need a sweet treat quickly.
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk of your choice (we use raw cow"s milk)
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil (optional)
- Coconut oil for greasing pan
1. In a medium saucepan, melt ingredients together.
2. When melted and well combined, stir in peppermint oil (if you plan to use it) and adjust to your personal mint preference.
3. Pour into a greased glass baking dish.
4. Chill in the fridge until firm.
5. Cut into squares and enjoy....try not to eat the whole pan of homemade fudge at once!
I only use food-grade essential oils in my recipes. Learn more about peppermint essential oil here.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)