I have a sweet tooth. My grandma gave it to me, totally genetic! I could eat chocolate for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is the fuel that fires me up to always try to create healthy chocolate recipes that are so healthy you could even eat them for breakfast! This recipe does the trick. It is also a perfect recipe for those who are gluten, dairy, or egg intolerant. Raise you hand if you want to eat healthy chocolate cake cookies!
- 3/4 cup coconut flour — where to find
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsps cocoa powder — where to find
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 6 Tbsp gelatin — we use this kind
- 6 Tbsp + 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Optional: sometimes I like to give my chocolate treats a mocha flavor. When I do this, I just add one packet of my favorite coffee to the mix. This stuff is a super healthy mushroom coffee, so it makes the chocolate treat a healthy mocha treat! You can find it HERE and you can use the coupon code “REALFOODRN” to get 10% off your order.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line two baking sheets with Siplat or parchment paper, it’s important to do this ahead of time
- Combine coconut flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and sea salt in a mixing bowl
- Melt coconut oil and honey and pour into dry ingredients. Stir together and set aside
- Combine 6 Tbsp gelatin and 6 Tbsp water and stir, it will be thick and clumpy
- Bring 3/4 cup water to a boil and pour into the gelatin mixture. It will melt the gelatin and dissolve the chunks. I use a fork to mash the chunks. It will become a liquid, slightly foamy
- Pour into the rest of the batter
- Mix well, it will be thin at first but will thicken in about one minute
- Take your cookie scoop and act fast. Get those cookies onto the sheets before the gelatin gels
- Scoop all the batter at once because it will gel, I scoop the extra onto parchment and transfer to the baking sheet when the first batches are done. I learned this lesson the hard way
- Bake for 10 minutes, until they flatten out
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on the sheet. They will fall apart if you do not allow them to cool
- Store in a tupperware with parchment between the layers of cookies. Keep them in the fridge.
- Makes approximately 30 cookies. They last for about a week in the fridge
Serve them up with a batch of my Lemon Cake Cookies!
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten-free items online (best prices around, believe me, I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share with Google+