This is an easy, fresh salad that bursts with tropical flavors! Enjoy it as a side dish at your next BBQ, and feel free to play around with using different nuts. I love using walnuts or pecans the best!
- You could shred the cabbage and carrots in a food processor, but I like to grate them for a finer texture.
- Be sure to use fresh pineapple and not canned pineapple for the best results.
- Coconut shavings are also called coconut chips or coconut flakes. Their flavor is lovely, and they offer a slightly crunchy texture!
Sweet, tangy, and delicious! You’ll love this refreshing, tropical slaw that is perfect for potlucks, BBQ gatherings, or just as a tasty side dish to any meal.
- 7 oz white cabbage, grated
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated (approx. 3.5 oz)
- ¼ small red onion, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 4.2 oz mayonnaise
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4.2 oz strawberries, trimmed and sliced
- 4.2 oz fresh pineapple, flesh cut into small cubes
- 0.7 oz dried cranberries, chopped smaller
- 0.4 oz coconut shavings (see Chef Tips)
- 0.7 oz walnuts, roughly chopped
- Combine the grated cabbage and carrot, as well as both types of sliced onions, in a bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir well until everything has evenly combined.
- Spread the mixture out on a large salad serving platter and sprinkle on the sliced strawberries, diced pineapple, and chopped cranberries.
- Finish the salad with a sprinkling of coconut shavings, chopped walnuts, and another generous crack of freshly ground black pepper.
Learn how to make your own homemade mayo here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 3.5gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 240mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g