I am willing to bet you have tried at least one buttermint at a wedding. I am also willing to bet that you could not eat just one! I LOVE them; I don’t stop until they are all gone.
Of course in my on-going adventures of healthifying every recipe on the planet, I just had to come up with a recipe for healthy buttermints! I have been eating these like crazy during my pregnancy too. Hey, healthy fats in coconut butter and grass-fed are excellent for brain development! Healthy Buttermints! I think I’ll go have another…
Of course in my on-going adventures of healthifying every recipe on the planet, I just had to come up with a recipe for healthy buttermints! They are full of healthy fats and delicious!
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter
- 2-3 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- Coconut oil for greasing molds
- Candy molds
1. Melt coconut butter and butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Remove from heat and add in honey, vanilla, and peppermint oil.
3. Grease your candy molds with coconut oil.
4. Using a spoon, scoop the "batter" into molds.
5. Place into the fridge until firm.
6. Pop out of candy molds and enjoy!
7. I like to store them in a jar in the fridge or freezer for a nice cool and pepperminty treat.
We only use therapeutic grade oils in our food. Learn more about peppermint essential oil here.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)