I grew up camping in the summer. Some of my most favorite childhood memories. Of course, one of the best parts was that at the end of the night we would always get a good fire going and make some s’mores! I had the marshmallow roasting down to a science, mine were always golden brown. They melted the chocolate just right and were soft enough to smush between graham crackers. Yum!
This summer we bought an RV with the hopes of creating the same childhood memories for our own kids, out camping in the woods. Now that we are gluten-free, it made the whole s’more situation a bit difficult. We tried the gluten-free s’more crackers from our local co-op. They tasted good, but had a LOT of sugar in them. So, I decided to try to create my own version of the gluten-free graham crackers. I even was able to make them grain-free! Plus, they are much lower in sugar and have more protein and healthy fats in them. I hope you are able to make some memories around the campfire with these homemade graham crackers too!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey — we use this kind
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil — where to find
- 3 cups almond flour — where to find
- 1 cup tapioca flour — where to find
- organic sugar — where to find
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine the eggs, honey and coconut oil in a mixing bowl and whisk together
- Add in the flours and stir
- Now, mix with your hands to get a nice dough
- Roll it out on a Silpat lined baking sheet
- Score the dough into cracker shapes using a pizza cutter. You can also make the little holes on the top so they look like real graham crackers, using a fork!
- Mix up the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle it on top of the dough, pressing it in gently
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown
- Score again when you remove them from the oven, tracing the lines you did the first time
- Allow to cool completely
- Store in an airtight container. I keep them in the fridge to last longer. Enjoy with some dark chocolate squares and homemade marshmallows.
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
CLICK HERE to share with Google+