We have successfully eliminated all of the harsh chemical household products in our home. I make it all, everything from deodorant to stretch mark oil. I am especially cautious about what goes into and onto my kiddos. So, first I made their shampoo, then I cleaned up their bathwater, and now the bubbles….what fun is a bath without bubble bath anyway! Of course, it has to be a non-toxic bubble bath. This one is the bubbliest!
I have made bubble baths in the past from natural ingredients but it never seemed to create enough bubbles to fill the tub. I read that glycerine increases bubbles when added to homemade bubble solution, so why not try some here too!
Non Toxic Bubble Bath Recipe
- 1 cup liquid Castile soap (we use baby mild so it’s tear free) — where to find
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp vegetable glycerine (this gives it the extra bubbliness!) — where to find
- Essential Oils of your choice — I only use therapeutic grade essential oils on my kids
- Add all of the ingredients into a refillable bottle and gently shake to mix
- Give it a shake each time you use it, not too hard or you will have a mess
- Use 1-2 Tbsp per bath