When I became pregnant with my first child I decided that I needed to get every chemical off of my skin and out of my body. I had already been in the process of doing this, but when I found out that these skin care products could potentially harm my growing baby, everything had to go!
My loving, hippie Mom whipped up some awesome miracle oil to prevent stretch marks. Let me tell you, not only did I not get one stretch mark so far with my three pregnancies, but this stuff is also amazing for your skin in general! So silky and moisturizing….and it smells like chocolate! Who wouldn’t want to run their belly with chocolate every night before bed?!
Here is why this stuff works:
- Coconut Oil: coconut oil provides deep and real moisture. It helps strengthen underlying tissues and helps remove excessive dead cell on the skin’s surface that makes your skin rough and flaky in texture (source)
- Cocoa Butter: widely noted to help reduce stretch marks. Cocoa Butter contains a number of different antioxidants that can kill off a wide range of different free radicals that destroy your skin cells and lead to premature aging. This makes it an ideal skin care product (source)
- Sweet Almond Oil: Increases skin elasticity
Miracle Oil to Prevent Stretch Marks
- 1/4 cup coconut oil — where to find
- 2 Tbsp cocoa butter — where to find
- 2 tsp sweet almond oil — where to find
- Gentle Baby essential oil — where to find
- Container of your choice — you can find some really cute bottles and jars HERE!
- In a double boiler or small sauce pan, heat coconut oil and cocoa butter until melted
- Remove from heat and stir in sweet almond oil and Gentle Baby essential oil
- Pour into small glass jar and allow to cool completely
- Apply daily to stretch marks to reduce the discoloration, or apply daily to pregnant belly to prevent stretch marks
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
None of these health benefits have been evaluated or approved by the FDA. They should not be used in place of personal judgment or medical treatment when needed, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. (Only your doctor can diagnose and treat disease.) Read my full disclaimer.