Got feet? Got kids? Got a husband or partner who is active in sports? Well, then you KNOW what stinky shoes can be! Of course, we have all had our experience with stinky shoes, but after I got married and had kids it became an entirely new level of stinky shoe in my house!
This is where one of my favorite essential oils becomes a key game player: Purification Essential Oil. It smells AHmazing and it wipes out any smell. I mean ANY. SMELL. We diffused it in a room where my husband had done some painting…..it reduced the smell to barely noticeable. How does it do this magic? Well, here is what Young Living has to say about it…
“Ditch overpowering and harsh chemical-based sprays and keep your home smelling fresh and clean with Young Living’s Purification® essential oil. This blend is made up of six essential oils for the ultimate weapon against odors. Citronella, Lavandin, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Myrtle, and Tea Tree work together to create a refreshing, bright scent that keeps you and your family happy and comfortable.
With Purification oil, you’ll never need to feel embarrassed by bad odors from cooking, laundry, pets, or anything else life throws your way. Diffuse it throughout your house or use a more targeted approach so you always feel confident in your home, in the car, or on the go!”
You can even use it in your laundry! I put it on wool dryer balls and toss them into the dryer for fresh laundry. Also, try putting some on a cotton pad in your car. You can thank me for that one later Moms 🙂
Now, on with the Stinky Shoe Spray recipe…
Stinky Shoe Spray
What you need:
- Add 30 drops of Purification Essential Oil to the glass spray bottle
- Top off with witch hazel
- Screw on spray nozzle
How to use:
- Spray a cotton pad (like this) and place them into your shoes. Then place the shoes in a plastic bag over night
- Spray the Stinky Shoe Spray directly into the shoes and allow to dry a bit before wearing them
- Spray the shoe closet as you would with a regular air freshener to get rid of the stink in the closet
- Always keep a bottle of this in the gym bag! Makes great gifts for young athletes to keep in their bags too! It works to keep the gym bags fresh. If you are a hockey Mom, you might want to make a LARGE container of this spray!