Got feet? Got kids? Got a husband or partner who is active in sports? Well then you KNOW what stinky shoes can be! Of course we have all had our experience with stinky shoes, but after I got married and had kids it became an entire new level of stinky shoe in my house!
This is where one of my favorite essential oils becomes a key game player: Purifitation Essential Oil. It smells AHmazing and it wipes out any smell. I mean ANY. SMELL. We diffused it in a room where my husband had done some painting…..it reduced the smell to barely noticeable. How does it do this magic? Well, here is what Young Living has to say about it..
“Ditch overpowering and harsh chemical-based sprays and keep your home smelling fresh and clean with Young Living’s Purification® essential oil. This blend is made up of six essential oils for the ultimate weapon against odors. Citronella, Lavandin, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Myrtle, and Tea Tree work together to create a refreshing, bright scent that keeps you and your family happy and comfortable.
With Purification oil, you’ll never need to feel embarrassed by bad odors from cooking, laundry, pets, or anything else life throws your way. Diffuse it throughout your house or use a more targeted approach so you always feel confident in your home, in the car, or on the go!”
You can even use it in your laundry! I put it on wool dryer balls and toss them into the dryer for fresh laundry. Also, try putting some on a cotton pad in your car. You can thank me for that one later Moms 🙂
Now, on with the Stinky Shoe Spray recipe…
Stinky Shoe Spray
What you need:
- Witch Hazel — where to find
- Purification Essential Oil — HERE is where to get it for 24% off
- A glass spray bottle — like this
- Add 30 drops of Purification Essential Oil to the glass spray bottle
- Top off with witch hazel
- Screw on spray nozzle
How to use:
- Spray a cotton pad (like this) and place them into your shoes. Then place the shoes in a plastic bag over night
- Spray the Stinky Shoe Spray directly into the shoes and allow to dry a bit before wearing them
- Spray the shoe closet as you would with a regular air freshener to get rid of the stink in the closet
- Always keep a bottle of this in the gym bag! Makes great gifts for young athletes to keep in their bags too! It works to keep the gym bags fresh. If you are a hockey Mom, you might want to make a LARGE container of this spray!
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)
CLICK HERE to Pin this post
CLICK HERE to share with Google+