So at work I wash my hands approximately 2,347 times. Not exaggerating! Then comes the foam. Foam in, foam out (that's what the sign says on patient room doors). OUCH that foam burns my hands! What's even worse is the garbage that is in these hand soaps and foam cleansers. Not good. You want to know what's in the foam? Tricolsan. What's Triclosan you ask? It's an antibacterial hand cleanser. It's also a hormone disruptor, thyroid disruptor, and potentially carcinogenic. Yikes!
So, I decided that its time to stop this nonsense. This DIY foaming hand soap does the trick! Make your own. I do! ☺
Here is why this is a great hand soap for sensitive skin: Castile baby soft soap is made for baby skin. Lavender essential oil is very soothing to the skin. Gentle and soothing, perfect for sensitive skin. That's why I love using this soap for my kiddos!
DIY Foaming Hand Soap For Sensitive Skin
- 2 Tbsp baby mild castile soap — where to find
- filtered water
- 20 drops Lavender essential oil — where to find therapeutic grade lavender
- foaming hand soap dispenser — like this
- Add soap to foam dispenser
- Follow with lavender essential oil
- Slowly add water, so soap does not foam
- Careful not to overfill, you need to leave room for the soap pump
- Add pump top and screw on tight
- You are good to go!
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)
CLICK HERE to Pin this post
CLICK HERE to share with Google+