I had been using a Lavender Bedtime Linen Spray for years, until one week when I received a bottle of “Sleep Soothing Mist” in my monthly Ecocentric Mom Box. This new sleep spray contained lavender (like mine), but it also had marjoram, cedarwood, and ylang ylang. I was intrigued!
I gave it a try and fell immediately in love with the heavenly scent. It also seemed to carry me off to dreamland much quicker. So, I decided it was time to give my bedtime linen spray a makeover with the addition of some more essential oils.
This upgrade to my original recipe brought it to a whole new level!
Before I share my recipe with you, I wanted to touch on just why the addition of these oils is so key to making an amazing bedtime linen spray to help with sleep!
- Lavender: lavender essential is well known as a relaxing oil and it often times used in spa treatments and as an aid in relaxation and balancing
- Cedarwood: cedarwood creates a calming environment and is used for it’s balancing and relaxing effects
- Marjoram: marjoram has a calming oil, it has a warming effect on both mind and body and soothes tense muscles after exercise. It is beneficial for occasional simple nervous tension and has a relaxing effect
- Ylang Ylang: ylang ylang is a calming, relaxing and soothing fragrance that is often used for emotional balance
Note: I only use therapeutic-grade essential oils. If you are putting them onto your skin you will want to make sure they are pure and will have the therapeutic benefits that you would expect!
Bedtime Linen Spray
- 1 oz distilled water
- 1 oz witch hazel — where to find
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 5 drops marjoram essential oil
- 5 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 1 glass bottle with a spray top — like these (you can also find some really cute bottles and jars HERE)
- Using a small funnel, pour witch hazel into spray bottle
- Add in essential oils
- Top off with distilled water
- Put on spray cap and give it a shake
- Use as needed on pillow and linens to promote a wonderful night’s sleep. I use this every night and it has become such an integral part of my bedtime routine that I practically can’t sleep without it!
Watch my brief video below that demonstrates how to make it
Do you make a bedtime linen spray? I would love to hear what you use in your recipe! Post about it in the comments below.