When I was in high-school there was a candle store in the mall that sold all kinds of highly scented stuff. My friends and I used to buy all the lotions, chapsticks, body washes, body sprays, candles, and linen sprays. Talk about toxic! I still have one of the linen sprays…I don’t use it anymore but I keep it around because the smell really takes me back. I love having a relaxing scent in my bedroom so I sometimes rub lavender essential oil behind my ears before bed to elicit it’s relaxation benefits. Then I decided that it might work really well as a linen spray on my sheets!
Lavender Bedtime Linen Spray
- 20 drops Lavender essential oil
- 1 Tbsp isopropyl alcohol (you could even use vodka or everclear)
- Distilled water
- 4-ounce spray bottle — you can find some really cute bottles and jars HERE
- Add lavender and alcohol to spray bottle, use water to top it off
- Shake and use as needed on sheets at bedtime
Yawn! I hope you find this helps promote restful sleep. For more information on sleep optimization, check out my SLEEP POST.