I love everything Christmas, I mean I have got it BAD!
When the stores start selling eggnog every season, I get giddy. However, I am not so excited about all of the additives and processed junk that is in those pretty green and red cartons! Why not give homemade eggnog a try?
We get raw milk from a local farm and it has the most amazing thick cream on top. I just had to make it into eggnog! But, I like it thick…like drinking batter thick! So I decided to make this stuff really rich. You can always substitute milk for cream in this recipe if you don’t like it quite so creamy. Cheers!
This homemade eggnog is thick, rich, and creamy. Perfect for any holiday celebration.
- 2 cups raw milk (or coconut milk)
- 2 cups raw cream (or coconut cream)
- 8 pastured egg yolks
- 4 Tbsp raw honey (or maple syrup or coconut sugar)
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp fresh grated nutmeg, plus more for sprinkling on top
1. Add all of the ingredients to a high powered blender and blend on high until well combined and nice and creamy.
2. Top with freshly grated nutmeg....and if you like, spike it with rum!
We drink ours out of these cute little moose mugs because National Lampoons Christmas Vacation just might be my FAVORITE movie of all time!!!
Get your moose glasses here and drink your eggnog with style!
Just in case you have no idea what I’m referring to, watch this….