This recipe was created by a good friend of mine who also happens to be my chiropractor. She is very well versed in nutrition and is also our area GAPS practitioner. She created this recipe while her family was following a strict GAPS diet. Turns out that you don’t have to be deprived, this skillet apple crumble is divine and indulgent!
- 2-3 apples
- 2 pastured eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut flour — where to find
- 1 tbsp apple pie spice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil — where to find
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup GF quick oats — where to find
- 1/3 cup coconut milk, real milk, cream or clobbered milk.
- 2 tbsp Honey/stevia or maple syrup (has to be honey to be GAPS legal)
- In a skillet, sauté apples in apple pie spices and coconut oil.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, coconut flour, sea salt, baking powder and honey.
- Pour mixture on top of apples
- Soak some oats in clobbered milk and sprinkle them in top
- Broil for a few minutes, until the topping is brown and crisp or bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with coconut cream or real whipped cream. You can also use butter and maple syrup also for the crowd with more of a taste for sweet.
P.S. If you want to find the best gluten free items online (best prices around, believe me I have checked!) with free shipping, I highly recommend Thrive Market, they even have a special Gluten Free section. CLICK HERE to check them out!
CLICK HERE to Pin this recipe
More about the creator of this recipe….