It’s summertime and with all this heat, we need popsicles….daily! I grew up on sugary popsicles made with corn syrup and artificial colors. Sure they tasted good, but they were not good for me! I want to change that for my kids, so I have been whipping up some healthy popsicles in my kitchen that still taste delicious, but these are made with healthy ingredients. Full of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. I do not feel bad about letting my kids snack on them daily!
I came up with chocolate peppermint popsicles on a particularly hot day because I wanted something cooling, like peppermint. Chocolate and peppermint go so well together. These have quickly become a family favorite! If you are joining me from Rooted Blessings and her amazing Lemonade Lavender Popsicles, then welcome!
These popsicles are full of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. I do not feel bad about letting my kids snack on them daily!
1. Combine everything but peppermint oil in a blender and blend until liquefied.
2. Add in 3 drops peppermint and pulse for 10 seconds.
3. Taste the liquid and add more peppermint if desired (a little bit goes a long way!).
4. Pour into molds.
5. Freeze until frozen through.
This recipe is included in the Beat the Heat July Popsicle Series. Please check out some of the other great recipes included in the line-up, next is a great recipe for Orange ‘Cream’sicles (dairy free) by Beets and Orka!
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)