I came up with chocolate peppermint popsicles on a particularly hot day because I wanted something cooling, like peppermint. Chocolate and peppermint go so well together. These have quickly become a family favorite! If you are joining me from Rooted Blessings and her amazing Lemonade Lavender Popsicles, then welcome!
- 1 can coconut milk — where to find
- 2 bananas
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar (optional, for added sweet) — where to find
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch sea salt
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil (we only use therapeutic grade essential oils, especially when using them in our food. HERE is where we get our oils)
- Combine everything but peppermint oil in a blender and blend until liquefied
- Add in 3 drops peppermint and pulse for 10 seconds
- Taste the liquid and add more peppermint if desired (a little bit goes a long way!)
- Pour into molds — where to find
- Freeze until frozen through
This recipe is included in the Beat the Heat July Popsicle Series. Please check out some of the other great recipes included in the line-up, next is a great recipe for Orange ‘Cream’sicles (dairy free) by Beets and Orka!
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 21-day essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Join my Real Food RN Essential Oils Facebook Group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices (and get freebies from me!)