This deliciously rich flavored olive and parmesan pesto is a healthy addition to your appetizer spread. Serve with your favorite gluten-free crackers or grain-free treats. The olives and Parmesan offer plenty of saltiness, so this pesto needs no further salt seasoning.
This deliciously rich flavored olive and parmesan pesto is a delicious accompaniment to your appetizer spread. Serve with your favorite gluten-free crackers or grain-free treats.
- 3.5 oz pitted green olives
- 3.5 oz pimento-stuffed olives
- 1.8 oz finely grated Parmesan
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 TB extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, additional to drizzle
- Snipped chives, to garnish
- Gluten-free crackers, to serve
- Weigh out all your ingredients and ensure that the olives are drained well from the salty brine they are usually stored in.
- Place the pitted green olives, pimento-stuffed olives, finely grated Parmesan, and finely minced garlic cloves into a food processor/food chopper. Add the first reference to olive oil (3 TB).
- Blend the mixture well, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure even texture.
- Once blended to a pesto consistency, transfer the mixture into your serving bowl and drizzle over the second reference to olive oil (1 tsp). Sprinkle on the snipped chives for a prettier presentation.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Tbsp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1.5gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1g