A client of mine gave me this recipe and it quickly became a favorite in our house. The best part is that everyone is involved: I make the glaze, the kids shake the jar, my husband runs the grill. Teamwork! It is seriously the best coconut oil chicken glaze on the planet!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
1. Mix all ingredients in a jar in the morning.
2. Every time you walk past the jar, give it a good shake. Kids will love this! This works best on legs and thighs.
3. Put the chicken on the grill and cook it.
4. When the chicken has approximately 20 minutes left, start basting with the sauce. You just brush and baste, then flip the chicken.
5. Continue to do this until the sauce is gone.