This fresh pear salad is served with little gem lettuce wedges and creamy blue cheese, which melts in your mouth. It’s a lovely combination of flavors and textures – especially with the addition of a toasted walnut garnish.
- When prepping, you will notice that I cover the pear wedges in lemon juice. Much like apples, this prevents them from browning due to oxidization. The acidity of the lemon doubles as part of the ‘dressing,’ so this salad needs nothing other than a drizzle of olive oil.
- If you want to add more protein for a more substantial meal, cooked chicken breasts would be perfection!
This quick and easy pear salad balances sweet with savory and then adds a bit of crunch. You can add your favorite protein to make a hearty salad entree for lunch or just add it as a simple side with your dinner.
- Roughly chop the walnuts into smaller pieces.
- Toast them in a hot, dry pan until more golden and smell fragrant.
- Trim the pear and cut into thinner wedges, removing the core and seeds. Place in a bowl and squeeze on the lemon juice. Toss well to ensure all the pieces are evenly coated.
- Trim the core from the little lettuces and cut them into wedges. Arrange the wedges between two plates or salad bowls. Add equal amounts of the pear wedges to the plates – along with any lemon juice from the bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the salads and crumble over the creamy blue cheese.
- Season the salad with salt and freshly ground black pepper and scatter the toasted walnuts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 11gSodium: 300mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 8g