This is a delightful side dish for those that love interesting flavors! This dish goes especially well on the side of fish dishes, particularly salmon.
- There is no need to peel the sweet potatoes as the skins crisp up beautifully in the hot oven, adding to the texture and overall flavor. However, do scrub them well to remove any dirt.
- If you cannot source store-bought ginger puree, grate around 1-2 thumb-size pieces of fresh root ginger until you yield 1 tablespoon of grated ginger.
You’ll love this delicious side dish that goes well with any meal. Crispy on the outside yet fluffy on the inside, you’ll enjoy these flavorful sweet potato wedges with a creamy, tangy ginger dip.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (210°C) and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes, then slice each one lengthways into 8 long wedges.
- Place the wedges into a large bowl and drizzle over the olive oil. Sprinkle on the ground cumin and ground coriander. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then toss well to coat evenly.
- Spread the wedges out onto the tray and bake in the oven for 25-28 minutes, until tender.
- In the meantime, combine the crème fraiche, ginger puree, lime zest, and juice in a little bowl. Season with salt.
- Serve the sweet potato wedges with the crème fraiche drizzle and sprinkle on the chopped cilantro.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 5gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g